harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Harmony classlib with J9 VM passes all the tests provided by JUnit4.1
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 05:43:26 GMT
On 11/7/06, Paulex Yang <paulex.yang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nathan Beyer wrote:

> >> Nothing but a joke:). I mean, the TestNG depends on j.u.c, so that it
> >> cannot be used for months, so people may think let's just use JUnit
> >> instead...
> >>
> >> Ignore it, I'm all for TestNG...:)
> >
> > If you're looking for another opinion, I'm not convinced. JUnit 4.x
> > seems just as capable as TestNG.
> There was a(or several?) long long thread discussing the TestNG/JUnit 4
> comparison, and IIRC most people prefer TestNG at that time, I just
> don't want to trig another thread on this topic...We have waited so long
> for TestNG, so let's just go for it if nothing is preventing us now...:)

This is NOT the impression I got from the various threads. I was under
the impression that we were waiting to demonstrate that TestNG could
be used to execute tests with the various mix-n-match uses cases (OS,
failing, etc). I was waiting for an actual demonstration of the
complex use cases.

It's possible I missed the consensus; I couldn't keep up with all of
the threads.

-Nathan