harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Angela Lin" <alin.harm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vm][classlib] hythr library
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:38:25 GMT
Hmm... Pre-Harmony, the IBM VM + classlib used the same thread
library. When the classlib was contributed, I guess they forked the
thread lib and changed the names of the functions. (I'm only
speculating since I wasn't involved in that process.) hythr should be
virtually identical to a subset of j9thr23.dll.

I agree, the IBM VM + classlib should be using the same thread
library. It shouldn't be hard to implement a redirector lib from hythr
to j9thr.

Would this obsolete the current classlib hythr implementation?

Angela