harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [doc] Style sheets on site
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:43:22 GMT
To get rid of certain absolute links, I've created a new issue
Harmony-2308 [1].
Please have a look.

Best regards,
Sveta
-----Original Message-----
From: Ivanov, Alexey A [mailto:alexey.a.ivanov@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 1:01 PM
To: dev@harmony.apache.org
Subject: RE: [doc] Style sheets on site

Tim,

I've found the discussion about problem with CSS when testing locally
[1]. (These problems would've been experienced on the web if the site
had been deployed.) I can't find anything related to the links to pages
though.

The problem with the style sheet was resolved by copying it to each
folder. My patch fixes it -- the site will have only one copy at its
root, both for local browsing and for the deployed web site.

There was a question about base URL for relative links. [2]
The answer to the question "Anyone knows one?" in the end of the message
is *every* browser has such a feature. HTML has <BASE> element where you
can specify the base URL for all the relative links in a document. But
this URL should be different for web site and local file system, and
using BASE may break some other relative links in documents. So we'd
better not use it.

And most of the links are relative which makes it possible to surf both
local and web version in the same way. (At least all the menu links
are.) However I faced several links in document content which refer to
the same page as a menu item but has absolute path which consequently
leads to the web version. (I can't remember any at the moment.) I'm just
talking about fixing these links to use relative paths where applicable.

If there's something else, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks,
Alexey.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200609.mb