harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Konovalova, Svetlana" <svetlana.konoval...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Brush up Harmony pages
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:23:48 GMT
Alexey,

Thanks a lot applying the patch and appreciating the pages :)

>But I got two concerns about Cruise control testing description page [1]:
>1. It does not have it's own title. Now the title is: "Apache Harmony
>- Apache Harmony". I suggest "Apache Harmony - Build-test framework".
>If no one objects I'll change the title.

+1 (I've overlooked it, sorry about that)

>In the first part it says that we need all the tools for normal
>Harmony build but the it requires to install only small part of them.
>I think that we should remove the short list and provide a link to the
>page with the all needed software.

Why not? I'm for it.
IMHO to avoid unnecessary repetition, we can just provide a link from this page to "QH for
contributors"[2].
Any objections?

I've created another patch that includes two issues mentioned above and one more cleaned-up
page [3]. Please have a look (the same JIRA = Harmony-2062).

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Sveta

[1]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html
[2]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/quickhelp_contributors.html
[3]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/index.html

I've applied your patch. It really makes the pages better looking. Thanks.

But I got two concerns about Cruise control testing description page [1]:
1. It does not have it's own title. Now the title is: "Apache Harmony
- Apache Harmony". I suggest "Apache Harmony - Build-test framework".
If no one objects I'll change the title.
2. Here is the "Prerequisites" chapter of the page:
=== cut ===
Basically, you need the same tools, as for building the Apache Harmony
components, like Java, Ant, C/C++ compilers, etc. Install the
following software:

1. Java JDK v5
2. Apache Ant
3. Subversion Client
Please see the other parts of the project for information on the
necessary toolchains.
=== cut ===
In the first part it says that we need all the tools for normal
Harmony build but the it requires to install only small part of them.

I think that we should remove the short list and provide a link to the
page with the all needed software.

Thoughts?

SY, Alexey

2006/11/3, Konovalova, Svetlana <svetlana.konovalova@intel.com>:

> Folks,
>
> To make the Harmony site nice-to-look, nice-to-read and easy-to-use, I've brushed up
certain pages [1-5] and created a new issue (HARMONY-2062), the patch is available.

> If you have time and desire, could you please look through these pages to check whether
they are up-to-date or not.
> I'd like to draw your attention to the "Framework for Testing Serialization" page [1],
where the "Negative Testing" section is missing. Can anybody create the necessary content
for it, please? ☺ or maybe we don't need it at all...

   [2]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html