harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] test exclude list: can't we have incremental exclusions?
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:36:44 GMT
Hi,

> So we just should choice what is better: to break sometimes tests run or to
> forget enable test(s) on some platforms.

Yesterday, when I was removing one of the beans tests from exclude
lists, I feel a bit uncomfortable while updating
exclude.linux.x86_64.xxx since I have no (easy) access to such systems
and had no plans to run tests on it. IMHO (in the perfect world) the
fact that I remove or add something from / to exclude.linux.x86_64
means I've at least ran tests for this platform and obtained some
result. So let's have a common list,  it's easier to deal with it
psychologically.  :-)

As for above question: +1 for being optimists, i.e. to remove the test
from common list if it passes on all platforms available to tester.

Thanks,

--
Alexei Zakharov,