harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [testing] Excluding tests until the problem is fixed (was: [drlvm] ... )
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:51:10 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> What I meant by my comment is that I'm interested in seeing excludes in
> external files, which can then be organized by platform, and have that
> information used at the high-level in ant.  So for that existing JIRA,
> reusing code for managing exclude lists is a good idea, but I'm still
> fairly resistant to the idea of tying ourselves closer to junit.

I've looked through old HARMONY-263. In general it is close to the
approach that was suggested by me. But George (BTW there is George?)
proposed using rather complicated XML lists that IMHO can be not very
handy for using in real world.

Junit part is rather small. Really, a few lines of code. The most part
of the code (located in tests.util.SomeTest) is devoted to parsing of
these complex XML lists by means of XPathAPI.  The most interesting
thing here is that this code is already in our repository and has been
lying there since March 2006.

IMHO this all is not so much about "trying ourselves closer to junit".
This is more likely about do we like to keep the info about excludes
in a separate file or we want to have it together with source code as
TestNG suggests.

Thanks,

--
Alexei Zakharov,