harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Zakharov" <alexei.zakha...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] release vs. debug
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:03:33 GMT
Hi DRLVM fans,

I encountered a rather strange problem while working on some class
library tests. At least two tests from the beans module hang (or
crash) while running on DRLVM debug builds but work fine on DRLVM
release builds. I thought that debug build is something about adding
debug symbols to VM binaries and this should not affect the
functionality. Can someone shed a light on this? This is the first
question. The second question - what we should do with such tests. The
tests pass on the downloadable HDK and JRE snapshots as well as on
classlib + j9. What should be the commit criteria for DRLVM – i.e.
what is the *true* build? :) I think many people here currently use
snapshots to test their patches.

Thanks,
--
Alexei Zakharov,