harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] X11 libs
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:01:47 GMT
> Sun's Java seem to be bundling some libraries with itself like libzip
> and libjpeg. But the rest of the libraries like X11, ALSA, probably
> other are taken from the system.
As far as I know, RI uses dlopen approach, at least in some cases,
see, e.g. [1].

> This means that we
> should either bundle in all the required libraries, or use dynamic
> linking with the libraries installed in the system.
Bundling in X11 and mesa? :)
Isn't dlopen/dlsym approach a dynamic linking?

Again, some API could be missing in some systems (opengl extensions,
for example), what would you suggest to do in this case?

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5011992