harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Rusanov" <anton.d.rusa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Cocoon] Cocoon 2.1.9 works on Harmony
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:04:23 GMT
> 2006/11/8, Anton Rusanov <anton.d.rusanov@gmail.com>:
> > Cocoon 2.1.9 now works on Harmony (IBM VME + Classlib)!
> > It starts and works normally.
> Great news!
> Have you tried it with DRLVM?

I'm trying to start Cocoon on DRLVM, but currently unsuccessfully.
It opens a separate console window, prints a lot of text to it and
closes it very quickly.
And I have not found a place in .bat to put "pause" to - the window is
opened by java code.

> > The only issues are:
> >  * It cannot be built from source code using Harmony because the build
> > tries to do this with com.sun.tools.javac.Main.
> >  An attempt to make a wrapper with such name for Harmony javac didn't
> > succeed: (%COCOON%\tools\targets\compile-build.xml:54: Error starting
> > modern compiler).
> You can change compile-build.xml (can you?) to specify Eclipse
> compiler. You can check Harmony's build files to see how to do that.

Good idea. Going to try that.

> >  * While checking up the "Hello, World!" sample it was discovered that
> > Cocoon failed to display the JPEG representation of that text because
> > of this error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGCodec.
> We have jpeg encoder. But it has another name :)
> Probably we need to check is it possible to change Cocoon code to be
> compatible with RI and Harmony at the same time and suggest the
> patch...
> Can you do this? :)

That is not actually clear to me how this can be done. Should we make
Cocoon check if another jpeg codec exists if one is not found in its
default place?

--
Thanks,
Anton