harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Disher" <jmdis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] Should hythread_monitor_init() aquire the monitor?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:07:47 GMT
On 11/20/06, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > 3. Yes, we had bugs in mapUnix...() and mapPortLib...() functions.
> > They had no defined return value for unexpected signals.
>
> Will you take care about it?

We fixed mapPortLibSignalToUnix in our code but it required changing the
interface to return a signed integer so that we could return an "unmatched"
value which immediately would be obviously recognized as being outside the
range of valid return values.

The key point here is that it was a bug and there was no special logic to
handle any of those other signal numbers outside of this mechanism.  We
hadn't historically used them so there was no mapping defined.

This bug should be fixed in Harmony, as well,
Jeff.