harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][awt] Test failure
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:19:52 GMT

On 27 November 2006 at 14:30, "Oleg Khaschansky" <oleg.v.khaschansky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's a moot question ... GPF-ing is unacceptable known behavior.
> I am not sure if we should guarantee the correct behavior in case of
> invalid system configuration, missing libraries, etc. Should we?

I don't think we should guarantee correct behaviour, but:

  1) The system configuration in this case is actually valid/normal
  2) We can and should raise a more appropriate error message[0]

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] Just think how much more quickly this issue would have been resolved
if even a vaguely helpful error was returned when I first mentioned this
back in early October.