harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][drlvm][swing] test TEST-javax.swing.text.DefaultStyledDocumentRTest leads to VM crash
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:59:10 GMT
On Saturday 25 November 2006 03:33 Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Vladimir,
>
> I don't think we should exclude tests. The issue happens when a
> connection to X server is lost. I would call this configurational
> problem.
>
> [junit] Xlib: connection to "nstdrlxl5:4.0" refused by server
> [junit] Xlib: No protocol specified
> [junit] Uncaught exception in AWT-NativeEventThread:
> [junit] java.lang.InternalError: Cannot open display ''
>
> BTW, I think it is a good idea to configure tests to run with a
> virtual framebuffer. This requires downloading and building Xvfb.

There is no need to download and build it (especially considering the recent
changes in X.org packages to split all the stuff, downloaded latest Xvfb
sources may not build with binaries already installed). Any linux
distribution which I know has Xvfb package included. Just install it from the
distribution source.

--
Gregory