harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Gray <chris.g...@kiffer.be>
Subject Re: [classlib] Getting more real JAPI results
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:16:04 GMT
On Friday 24 November 2006 09:05, Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> So they are implemented :)
> And that specific messages are "not implemented"?
>
> 2006/11/24, Mikhail Loenko <mloenko@gmail.com>:
> > I'll try to answer according to my understanding of your question :)
> >
> > these are abstract classes that have some non-abstract methods. These
> > methods throw specific exception with specific messages on RI. We do
> > the same

I think this pattern turns up in several places; a method is "intended" to be
overridden, and the spec specifically says that the default implementation is
an exception-throwing stub. If a team of volunteers is going to walk the
whole source tree looking for stub methods, they should probably put a
standard comment line (e.g. "stub as per spec") on every method which is
examined and found not to need NotImplementedException. Just to prevent this
discussion from being repeated ...

Chris

Note: our official registered address has changed from
Paleisstraat 119 to Koningstraat 21, 2000 Antwerpen. The
operational address Bredestraat 4 remains valid, as do
all telephone and fax numbers (and the VAT reg. number).