harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] questions on class unloading (JIRA H2000) and cleaning class.h (JIRA H1558)
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:55:28 GMT
On Friday 03 November 2006 19:18 Weldon Washburn wrote:
> H1558 has been a big battle to get it into committable shape.  I would
> really like to commit it first.  (In fact, Pavel and I are working on it
> right now!)

The patch in HARMONY-1558 is huge and often is broken by new VM commits. Shall
we make a freeze on VM commits to allow this patch it? Maintaining so many
code changes is probably not an easy task.

I've tried to apply it today and it doesn't apply cleanly (no surprise, 5 days
passed since the last update). I think some cooperation between VM committers
is required to allow this patch to be finally integrated into the code.

We should either agree to let it in or let it die. I support the first option.

Weldon, Geir, what do you think?