harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] Really trivial comment about exception messages
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:29:44 GMT

While checking and applying some of Ilya's patches for
internationalisation, I noticed that there were quite a few messages
that end with a fullstop.  Aside from the inconsistency (which
unfortunately always seems to irritate me), it occurs to me that we will
end up with stack traces that read like:

  IllegalArgumentException: position less than zero. at blah(blah.java:101)

So, unless anyone objects, can we avoid putting fullstops on the end of
exception messages.

Thanks,
 Mark.