harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [security][testing] 2 tests failed today
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:22:31 GMT

On 1 November 2006 at 13:39, Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Fixed in r469902.  Turns out the exec was putting double quotes around
> the classpath argument (which might make sense if it was going to a
> shell) but it doesn't for an exec syscall.  This resulted in classes
> being search for in the non-existent directory:
>
>   "/path/to/modules/luni/bin/test
>
> rather than:
>
>   /path/to/modules/luni/bin/test
>
> Regards,
>  Mark - confused as to why it didn't also fail on windows

Oops.  Tim mentioned that my fixed breaks things on windows.  I've
checked in a better fix that I hope should be more well-defined on all
platforms.  That is, pass the arguments to Runtime.exec as an array not
a string.

Aside: My tests show that the behaviour we saw with the quotes in the
string being passed directly through to the execve syscall is consistent
with the RI.

Regards,
 Mark.