harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Donald" <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm][mmtk] location of mmtk.jar that's needed by JIT helper inlining -- did this get resolved?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:01:59 GMT
On 11/28/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> All of the concurrency code we're using is public domain, as defined
> by this URL, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain. There's
> no mention of warranty in the code or the site we get it from. Is this
> bad for the authors? Is this bad for Harmony?

It is not ideal for the author. However, I do not think it is bad for
harmony (assuming you are referring to Doug Leas stuff???) as both the
author and Apache are located in America and thus covered by that law.
I believe it gets more tricky in certain European countries. Then
again IANAL

> Were there any real cases like this?  Or this is only a thought risk?

I don't know - it is enough to scare lawyers

> Wow.  Peter Donald - I haven't seen you for years...

still alive! ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald