harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Volosyuk" <ivan.volos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM] ipf initial support (interpreter mode)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:36:31 GMT
Mikhail,

Yes, I did. It fails at bootstrap on attempt to pin an object. This
functionality was disabled in GCv4.1 some time ago, because of massive
pin counter overflows detected on classlib/em64t. I going to check
this specific problem at some time in future.

It looks like some code on IPF operates with invalid pointers to java
heap and it leads to heap corruption. We just need to identify such
places and fix them :)
--
Ivan