harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] How to override jit compilation?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 05:03:50 GMT
On the 0x212 day of Apache Harmony Tonny Lau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to override some specific java methods with native fast path
> implementations. So I try to override them in
> compile_do_compilation_jit()(vm/vmcore/src/jit/compile.cpp), that is,
> I add several entries in
> _stub_override_entries_base[](vm/vmcore/src/util/ia32/base/compile_IA32.cpp),
> and lookup this table
> before invoke jit->compile_method_with_params().

This mechanism is not used (AFAIR and AFAICanSeeNow). The alternative
way is to support your "magics" within each JIT. (Mikhail does things
like that in OPT just from JavaByteCodeTranslator.cpp (see isMagicClass(...))

> It works for JET, but failed when OPT recompile these method. Does the OPT
> go different path? If so, how can I override it? Does anyone can help me?

how does it fail? did you try it with -Xem:opt? (That's what I tend
to always ask about:)

Just a guess: OPT expects some profile from JET, but cannot find any.