harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [ipf] I suggest a series of patches for ipf code generator
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:45:24 GMT
On the 0x208 day of Apache Harmony Igor Chebykin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I suggest a short series of patches for drlvm ipf code generator.
> We have some improvements for jitrino/ipf
> and would like to commit its to harmony.
>
> All patches will change only vm/jitrino/src/codegenerator/ipf/* files,
> therefore ia32 remains OK.
>
> The first patch is about 67k size and contains following files:
> IpfCfg.h, IpfCfg.cpp
>    methods added in Edge and Node classes
> IpfCodeLayouter.h, IpfCodeLayouter.cpp
>    new BotomUp algorithm implementation
> IpfEmitter.h, IpfEmitter.cpp
>    minor changes in logging, Emitter::registerDirectCall() and
> debugging support
> IpfIrPrinter.h, IpfIrPrinter.cpp
>    added method to print Node chains
> IpfType.h
>    types to support Node chains added
> IpfCfgVerifier.cpp
>    method cfg.getArgs() deprecated
> IpfInst.cpp
>    methods to identify inst kind added (isBr, isCall …)
> IpfRegisterAllocator.cpp
>    minor changes in logging

Igor, the changes you are proposing are meaningful ones! Currently
there should some work-in-progress in IPF enabling not only in the
JIT. So, although, it should not build yet, you are doing good at
preparing your own chunks of work in parallel.

please, zip all new files, attach patch(es) for the changed files to a
newly created JIRA. I'll review as much as I can.