harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] POLL : supported platforms
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 03:52:47 GMT
On the 0x206 day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Fursov wrote:

> > And we need some criteria to define how #1 could become #3
>

> Healthy community?
> + Do we need some criteria to define how #3 could become #1 ?

why not? what is so unhealthy in throwing some garbage away? :)

Seriously, criteria for supporting could be something like: "if there
is always someone working to repair that platform when it is broken,
we support it, otherwise we cannot afford that platform". That's a
kind of "slow support".

I'd also suggest to find a small set of "fast support" platforms,
fixing them is first priority for all of us. It makes a guaranteed
build/run/tests at (almost) each moment in time.

Does it make sense?