harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor (was Re: [classlib][rmi] Code smell - Thread.sleep() in ActivationGroup method)
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:19:17 GMT
Yes - I know AspectJ works on the bytecode and not as a pre-processor to the
source code and I don't think any other AO languages do that either.
Although I'm an advocate for AOP I think we would want to think seriously
before introducing a dependency on a non-javac compiler to Harmony.  However
it would be good for logging, and it's worth noting that AspectJ 5 can
also match based on annotations, which makes it possible to achieve quite
fine-grained logging without cluttering up the source too much with "if (
logging.isDebugEnabled())" etc.

Thanks,

Sian

--