harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Self-host of Derby
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:36:20 GMT
Hi Leo,

Yes the patch may be out of date - I think it was about 6 months ago when I
was looking at Derby.  I used the latest stable release at the time but I
imagine it will have moved on a lot since then.  Which version are you using
now?

I'm afraid I haven't seen those problems with the security manager, but I
imagine if the tests haven't been designed to run with it on then there
could be problems on any VM.  Do you think there's another workaround you
could do without switching the security manager on?

Just a minor side point - I'm not 100% sure about this but I don't think
these kinds of activities should be referred to as self-hosting.  I think
self-hosting would be doing something like using Harmony to build
itself.  Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Regards,

Sian