harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] the big soup of VM properties (HARMONY-1626)
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:56:55 GMT
2006/10/10, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com>:
> I don't think it is good idea to use -Dvm.dlls for setting up DRLVM
> specific properties. It should be much safer to use somthing like
> -Xvm.dlls. In that case it is really user's responisbility.

I tend to agree - we have freedom to extend command line options and
satisfy both ordinary user and VM configurator convenience. Then
indeed we need to separate storage...
Maybe use "-XDkey=value" syntax for VM-specific properties?

Mikhail,
BTW, what would you say if all JIT-specific properties were kept
separately? E.g. if there were JAVA, VM, JIT types of properties
storage, would it be of some convenience to JIT side? Just curious :)