harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [general] POLL : supported platforms
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:31:00 GMT
Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> My two cents...
>
>>> I do not understand the lifecycle of this page. If I report today
> that
>> my
>>> platform works OK, but the next commit brokes it, who will update the
>> page?
>>
>> IMHO if the next commit breakes the work-ok-platform and if you notice
>> it, why not to update the wiki page? Or you can let me know about this
>> bug and I'll make the update:)
> Do you think we can add a note with the revision number? This way, you
> at least know that the code of XXXX revision worked ok/failed on this
> platform. Because such tests are done systematically, changing revisions
> would not take much time to update.

-1

I think this is a conceptually incorrect approach
to try to keep a relatively slowly changing wiki page up-to-date with fast-paced commits.
I believe this approach is doomed, and the status page is going to get out-of-date
while it is being edited.

I would suggest the following "fix" to the approach:
* Reserve the "supported platforms" notion for the developer releases or snapshots,
and do not use the term with respect to SVN trunk
* Relate the list of "supported platforms" with the release management process,
  and describe the status of particular snapshots, and not SVN trunk in general.