harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] How to debug the drlvm with gdb?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:11:40 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> to debug on linux you should export LD_LIBRARY_PATH for GDB:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$jre/bin:$jre/bin/default
> (you know what $jre is:)
> (news is that tere should be no slashess at the end of each path, and no
> soft links inside, surprize, surprize:)

There is a useful trick discovered by Ivan Volosyuk. To get the correct
LD_LIBRARY_PATH which wouldn't trigger process re-execing in the
launcher (this breaks gdb and you won't be able to debug VM) just run
some java program which doesn't finish immediately. Then take a look at
/proc/`pidof java`/environ and copy LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting from it.
This is the exact string which launcher uses when it re-exacs the
process. If you copy it exactly to LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting launcher
won't do exec.

Last time I checked one of directories had to have '/' in the end. So
when things like this change it is safer to use this trick and use the
string which current launcher wants.