harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] A list of drlvm enhancements and limitations
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:25:54 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x207 day of Apache Harmony Gregory Shimansky wrote:
>> I don't really care about wording, I just wanted to make separate list for
>> high level TODO items, like implementation of big pieces, and
>> enhancements/limitations of the current code state. So I made a new link
>> from the page which Rana used and put there my 3 items. If you think
>> appropriate, you could insert your own link there too for JIT TODO items and
>> rename this whole section to drlvm and JIT (if you think JIT is not a part
>> of DRLVM) to include both. Does it sound ok to you?
>
> Now I see your strategy :) Sure, JIT is a part of DRLVM!
>
> I do not like pages with nothing except one or two links. That is why
> I would prefer to put JIT and Core VM tasks on the top page. But if
> there is something more to add to the "TODO List for DRLVM" page in
> the nearest future, I feel like moving these subtasks out of the
> FrontPage. Gregory, is it something to change in the "TODO for DRLVM"
> soon?

I think we could give it more structure as someone earlier suggested,
TODO items, enhancements, limitations, whatever. Or we could break TODO
items down in components.

First I wanted to see just how much stuff like this we'll collect, then
decide what to do with it to make it look pretty. That's why I don't
care much about pages layout right now.

> BTW, I do not like the name: "DRLVM known issues and limitations (TODO
> list for DRLVM)", it stresses on limitations too much :) I feel more
> like leaving it "TODO list for DRLVM". Cosmetic change, but.. :)

Go for it.