harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: "Hot to Write GC" requires improvement
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:29:13 GMT
Svetlana,

I've looked through your changes.
Mostly they look okay, and they greatly improve the visual presentation.

Originally, GC-howto was created using AsciiDoc[1] toolchain from the source
text file and source .cpp file. Modifying .html file directly means that we cannot
update the document to keep it in sync with the source code.

I guess this is acceptable, since nobody is changing source code inlets in GC-howto now,
but be warned: if anyone is to introduce source changes, it would tedious
task to synchronize visual and content changes.

Have you tried to configure asciidoc to produce the content you want?

I will send you the version of gc-howto.txt and gc.cpp that I have,
but Nadya may have a later version, so please check with her.
Since I am not sure attachment will make it to the list, I'll send it to you
directly. (* or to anyone else who might be interested, just ask *)

[1] http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/