harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Astapchuk <alex.astapc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][JET] write barriers for C/C++-based GC
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:53:11 GMT
Xiaofeng,

I've just submitted http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1806.

It introduces write barriers for Java and also slightly changes the
options processing.

After the HARMONY-1806, the GC's gc_requires_barriers() will be taken
into account.
If gc_requires_barriers()==true, then write barrier code (for C-based
GC) will be inserted even
without  a command line switch (-Djit.JET.arg.wb4c=true).

--
Thanks,
   Alex