harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][GC] first generational version of GCv5 is submitted
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:29:41 GMT
Weldon Washburn wrote:
> On second thought, you are right.   I don't really should not be hacking on
> the framework right now.  But at some point, we need to have the GC
> selectable at the command line.

By the way, the GC *is* selectable on the command line now.
Just copy the build gc.dll (or gcv4.dll or whatever it is called)
to jre/bin/default, and add the following command line option

     -Dvm.dlls=gcv4

and it will pick up the specified DLL.

Currently, however, the only GC being copied to jre/bin/default
directory is default gc from vm/gc/src (GCv41).
Other garbage collectors can be compiled by specifying

    -DCOMPONENTS=vm.gcv4

or similar command lines, provided that correct build descriptor
is provided in build/make/components/vm/gcv4.xml
(It can be copied from gc.xml and trivially adjusted manually).

Unfortunately, this command does not install the non-standard GC into jre/default/bin,
so one needs to do the copying step manually.