harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Astapchuk <alex.astapc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][auth]LoginContext should always invoke the LoginModules?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 02:45:00 GMT
 > Understood, some occurrences are outside our control.  As you point out
 > above, we shall be good citizens to the best of our ability.

Yes. LoginModule-s are out of our control.
But we can control how the LoginContext invokes them, and we can be
defensive this way.

I propose the following:

1. Leave the check that started this thread as-is:
	if (already_logged) {do_nothing}

2. As this introduces a difference with RI, then document the difference
with the reason why:
the RI's behavior may introduce a resource leakage as result of
invocation LoginModule.login() on already logged modules.

3. [?] For whose who has *really strong* need in the RI's behaviour,
introduce a system property to turn it on.
Something like
-Dhy.jaas.auth.logincontext.use.unsafe.secondary.login = true/false,
false by default.

	if (already_logged && !use_unsafe_secondary_login) {do_nothing}
	// fall-through to process over the login()-s.

?

--
Thanks,
   Alex