harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] apr_dso_load error (path address out of bounds)
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:39:08 GMT
Armand Navabi wrote:
> I do pass the library load in GDB.  If I just run helloworld in gdb it
> almost always will print hello world.  Here is what happens whenever I
> just run it in GDB:
>
> (gdb) r helloworld
> Starting program:
> /scratch/anavabi/Harmony/enhanced/drlvm/build/deploy/jre/bin/java helloworld
> [New Thread 16384 (LWP 20330)]
> [New Thread 32769 (LWP 20333)]
> [New Thread 16386 (LWP 20334)]
> [New Thread 32771 (LWP 20335)]
> Hello World!
> [New Thread 49156 (LWP 20336)]
>
> Program received signal SIGUSR2, User defined signal 2.

DRLVM uses SIGUSR2 for thread suspension, so it is convenient
to put following configuration into .gdbinit:

   handle SIGUSR2 nostop noprint pass

Though I am a little bit surprised that you see it on a HelloWorld application.
Usually thread suspension is initiated by the garbage collection,
and HelloWorld usually doesn't allocate as much memory as needed to trigger
garbage collection.

I've just double-checked, and HelloWorld completes without single SIGUSR2
on my machine (Linux SUSE 9, x86)