harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][nio] SocketChannelTest fails on Windows 2003 server
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:44:48 GMT

> On 10/26/06, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I ran classlib tests on Windows 2003 server and saw the
> > org.apache.harmony.nio.tests.java.nio.channels.SocketChannelTest test
> > failure. I've reported this at
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1977.
>

> Hi Elena, does this test always fail on windows 2003 server?
>
> Can RI pass this test?

Andrew,
the test fails on RI too.

iirc, there're some other tests in nio are platform dependent. We're waiting
> for TestNG. :) These tests are marked with "FIXME".  If the test you found
> is also platform-dependent, maybe mark it with "FXIME" and comment the
> assert is a simple workaround now. :) Thanks!

We are talking about testSocket_NonBlock_ActionsBeforeConnect() test. It
uses special assertion method assertSocketAction_NonBlock_BeforeConnect()
which, in turn, contains a few assertions and is called not from this test
only but from another test as well. And that test passes this assertion. I'm
not sure that I know which is better: to commented out the whole assertion
in the test or a particular assertion in the assert method :(

--
Thanks,
Elena