harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][test]Exclude some tests from "build test" target, make 'build test' pass
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:38:27 GMT
On 10/26/06, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Elena Semukhina wrote:
> > After H-1823 has been committed, I still see intermittent failures of
> drlvm
> > kernel ThreadTest. Normally this test passes but today I got
> > ThreadTest.testInterrupt_Sleeping() and testGetStateBlocked() failures.
> > There is H-1789 for the first issue but it is not reprodiced with the
> > attached test anymore. For the second test I filed H-1876 to make the
> test
> > more stable. The patch has been committed recently but the test still
> may
> > fail. I'd like someone to review the above mentioned tests to be sure
> they
> > are correct otherwise we need to investigate failures and file JIRA's
> > before
> > the tests are exclued.
>
> For me ThreadTest (testJoinlongint) always fails on win32 2003 server
> SP1 on P4 with HT, works ok on win32 XP and on different Linuxes. I just
> checked and patch from 1876 is applied, but it fixes another test case,
> so it is not relevant.
>
> BTW I've encountered timeout on ClassGenericsTest and ClassGenericsTest4
> tests on some slower machines, so it looks like they do require
> increased timeout. Now I agree completely with patch which Vera attached
> in HARMONY-1966.

I don't agree that we should exclude the whole ObjectTest (or ThreadTest).
They contain dozens of test cases and if we have one test case stably or
intermittently failing we should file JIRA first and then comment out this
test case so that other test cases could run. In JIRA comment we need to
note that the test was commented out and uncomment it at the same time when
JIRA is fixed.

Thanks,
Elena