harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [testing] Excluding commit tests until the problem is fixed
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:30:01 GMT
On 10/17/06, Fedotov, Alexei A <alexei.a.fedotov@intel.com> wrote:

> We have mighty guys on this list. Why cannot we just fix these tests
> instead of excluding them?
>
> I suggest starting with basic threading issues such as
> org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadTest,
> org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.lang.ThreadGroupTest - they reliably
> fail in my environment. I volunteer for checking reliability of fixes.

The ThreadTest fails stabily due to HARMONY-1789 and intermittently due to
HARMONY-1876 (the test's problem).
I've never seen the ThreadGroupTest failure.

Gregory asked why this test fails on RI too. It looks like the RI
implementation of Thread.destroy() and ThreadInterrupt() for new, terminated
and current thread contradicts the spec. RI failures on getState() look
unexpected. I'll look at the test.

With best regards,