harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][kernel] Should we be compatible with RI ThreadGroup bug?
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 05:31:05 GMT

> Elena Semukhina wrote:
> > Classlib test ThreadGroupTest.test_setMaxPriorityI() fails on DRLVM
> because
> > it expects behaviour that conflicts with specification.
> > The test passes on IBM VME and RI. The issue is reported at
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1625.
> >
> > Actually there is a bug report in
> > http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4708197 which agreed
> > that
> > this is a bug in RI and it should be fixed.
> >
> > Should we follow RI's behaviour and change drlvm ThreadGroup.java or
> should
> > we fix the test?
>
> I'm off-line at the moment so cannot look at the bug details.  The
> question is whether fixing the 'bug' will likely break any applications?

This question was discussed in Sun's bug report as well. A JCK test detected
this bug. The first evaluation stated that "This is relatively obscure
functionality and it's theoretically possible at that changing the behavior
will break running apps." The second evaluation suggested to fix the
implementation rather than change the spec. The bug is in progress since
2002...