harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni][charset]Strange behavior of UnicodeBig
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:15:43 GMT
I think Harmony is more reasonable.

As spec says, if  Charset.forName("UnicodeBig") throws
.UnsupportedCharsetException then no support for the named charset is
available in this instance of the Java virtual machine. Then how can we get
new String(b, "UnicodeBig") without throwing UnsupportedCharsetException on
the same jvm? The spec for String(byte[] bytes,String charsetName) also says
if the named charset is not supported, UnsupportedCharsetException should be
thrown out.