harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Self-host of Derby
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:18:29 GMT
Hi, Sian:
     Thank you for your patch. It really works. But seems a little
outdated.:)

     I found another work around with useprocess=true , but ... after a lot
of trouble: If the useprocess is on, security manager is installed by
default, or else it is not. So, when to get command, it should be
"java"; when avoid to install security manager, it should be"j9" and the
complicated logic of the testcase as well.:(

     Do you know why the suites will run without security manager installed
if the vm is spotted as j9 in the untact version from derby? Does the
derby_test.policy really mean something, from the goal of the derby
tests?Actually, I have manually forced the testcase not to set security
manager when useprocess = true, the tests fails even on RI.

     I have tried to treat the current IBM VM as normal jdk and with -
Djava.security.manager, but it will report error in loading the class of
JarFile. Have you ever met this?:)