harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Self-host of Derby
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 06:12:25 GMT
Hi, Egor:
     I have tried to run it on drlvm, but it reported error:

       Assertion failed!
       Progrma: ...java.exe
       File:Object_handles.cpp
       Line:99

       Expression: NULL==*p || (*p>=vm_heap_base_address() &&
*p<vm_heap_ceiling_address())

After I debug into it I got
(1)
Unhandled exception at 0x00711eed (harmonyvm.dll) in java.exe: User
breakpoint.

(2)The call stack is
> harmonyvm.dll!_assert(const char * expr=0x007bd848, const char *
filename=0x007bd800, unsigned int lineno=99)  Line 295 C
  harmonyvm.dll!GcFrame::add_object(ManagedObject * * p=0x0013e9cc)  Line 99
+ 0x31 C++
  harmonyvm.dll!compile_protect_arguments(Method * method=0x0393da50,
GcFrame * gc=0x0013e95c)  Line 113 C++
  harmonyvm.dll!compile_jit_a_method(Method * method=0x0393da50)  Line 824 +
0xd C++
  013900dd()
  harmonyvm.dll!VM_Statistics::get_vm_stats()  Line 325 + 0x14 C++
  harmonyvm.dll!rth_get_interface_vtable(ManagedObject * obj=, Class *
iid=)  Line 674 + 0xc C++

(3)object_handles.cpp

void GcFrame::add_object(ManagedObject** p)
{
    assert(p);

//fails here:
    *assert(NULL == *p || (*p >= vm_heap_base_address()
        && *p < vm_heap_ceiling_address()));*

*
*    assert(!hythread_is_suspend_enabled());

    ensure_capacity();
    nodes->elements[nodes->obj_size+nodes->mp_size] =
nodes->elements[nodes->obj_size];
    nodes->elements[nodes->obj_size] = (void**)p;
    nodes->obj_size++;
}