harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][launcher]shall we handle the parameter -version and -showversion in launcher or vm?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 02:40:37 GMT
 Due to current VMI, we have to first create a java VM through
JNI_CreateJavaVM, then we can get property from functions defined by VMI. It
is possible not to change current vmi design and support java -version, but
we have to create and then "kill" a new java vm. So I think it quite
wastes.
 I suggest the vmi.dll export another funciton to give out some "static"
property of the java vm  implementation that is no relevent to a live vm.