harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Evgueni Brevnov" <evgueni.brev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] VM throws NullPointerException in case java.class.path is not set
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:26:40 GMT
Mikhail,

The reason is as follows. The launcher uses InvocationAPI to start VM.
The spec doesn't require to provide java.class.path property. The
worst thing which should happen in this case is ClassNotFound
exception on attempt to load a class. So I think we have two choices
either use current directory to load classes or use empty path. In the
second case the search path is boot class path only.
Personally I think that second is acceptable as well.

Evgueni