harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Pervov" <pmcfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Class unloading support
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:50:49 GMT

> <SNIP>

Egor,

> The  Alexey's solution does not affect devirtualizer at all.
>
> How can we do without devirtualizer changes here? We need to replace
> Object->Vtable with Object->class->vtable. Am I missing something?

If vtables are pinned Aleksey's solution does not affect JITs at all.

If vtables move, it will be one more level of indirection for guarded
devirtualization: was object->vtable, will be object->vtable->class.

Unpinning vtables does not cause the need to enumerate them from JIT, if JIT
does not store pointers to them.

--
Pavel Pervov,