harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya Okomin" <ilya.oko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Using latest linux snapshot[hdk]...
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:44:53 GMT
On 10/11/06, Gregory Shimansky <gshimansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 October 2006 13:02 Ilya Okomin wrote:
> > > Yeah, I would have been surprised it that worked.
> > >
> > > Why not just install v 6?
> >
> > I have libstdc++.so.6 on my system.
> > Nevertheless I have the same results as Dmitry described:
> >
> > bash-2.05b$ ./java -version
> > Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software
> > Foundation or its licensors, as applicable.
> > Failed to open JVM DLL:
> > /work/Harmony/builds/harmony-jre-latest/bin/default/harmonyvm
> > (/lib/ssa/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4' not found (required by
> > /work/Harmony/builds/harmony-jre-latest/bin/default/libharmonyvm.so))
> >
> > I used harmony-jre-r450941 snapshot.
> > Should I do anything else to resolve this issue?
>
> It is probably because your custom libstdc++ is still compiled against an
> older glibc version of your distribution. Geir uses more modern version.
> Can
> you run /lib/libc.so.6 and show the output?

You've asked about libc.so.6 output, here it is:
"
GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-53).
Compiled on a Linux 2.4.20 system on 2005-09-16.
Available extensions:
        GNU libio by Per Bothner
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy
        The C stubs add-on version 2.1.2.
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
        NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
        Glibc-2.0 compatibility add-on by Cristian Gafton
        libthread_db work sponsored by Alpha Processor Inc
Thread-local storage support included.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.
"
I hope this information will clear some questions.

Note: everything fine if I use drlvm built from drlvm trunk.

Thanks,
Ilya.