harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Dmitry Yershov" <dmitry.yers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] the big soup of VM properties (HARMONY-1626)
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:01:55 GMT
2006/10/10, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com>:
> On 10/10/06, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think there is correlation between these 2 questions :). If we use
> > "const char*", we simply copy key and value when setting a property.
> > And this is impossible with void*.
>

> Ok, this way it does works!
>
> BTW, there is alternative functionality named VMLocalStorage - so why
> > make properties competing with VMLS? Do we really need "hidden"
> > properties?
>

> +1. Want to know the answer.

Seems, that we need "hidden" properties.
    Users can define any properties through command line -D<key>=<value>.
Our VM has a set of "dangerous" properties (vm.dlls, vm.ee_dlls,
vm.other_natives_dlls ...). We should hide their from users because
redefining of their may lead to a crush. On the other hand users can
define such properties and they should be visible for java applications.

If You know other solution, lets discuss it.

Dmitry