harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:12:07 GMT

> You can have pointcuts on a whole number of events, including method
> invocations but also exception handling, field assignments and accesses,
> etc.  But you can only add behavior, you cannot subtract from the
> original code.

Thanks for your explanation. I completely forgot it because I played with
AspectJ several years ago when was a student and was interested in theory
more then in practice :)
So AspectJ could be a good candidate for logging/tracing/profiling tool, but
is not able to do what we expect from a preprocessor.

--
Mikhail Fursov