harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor (was Re: [classlib][rmi] Code smell - Thread.sleep() in ActivationGroup method)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:10:16 GMT
Geir,
What are the reasons to exclude the most standard solution here: branching.
Do you think we need a lot of them?

I see the following advantages to work in branches for different products:
1) Clean code
2) No side effects (no testing!) for other branches when you modify only one
branch
3) Everyone knows how to work with branches.
4) No need to support very old versions in the same sources.

Disadvanates
1) Need to propagate a fix to all product branches we have.

?

--
Mikhail Fursov