harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] Where to put mmtk.jar?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:29:43 GMT
Weldon,
Glad to hear that we will have separate and lightweight vmmagic jar soon.
Thanks to you and Steve!

As for today: I use Robin's site in the patch with VM helpers support to
download mmtk.jar. Let's change mmtk location when Steve adds first file
release to vmmagic.sf.net site.

+ Could you take a look at this issue:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2008 ?

> All,
> I received a private email from Steve Blackburn regarding mmtk.jar.  There
> is a new forum for discussing vmmagic at:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmmagic.  It seems that vmmagic API won't
> be
> changed impulsively as there are several projects dependent on the current
> interface.

> > work
> can't

> stay
> > as
> do
> world
> > >

> > > +1
> > > This also will attract MMTk developers to our project. As Robin said
> our
> > > project has VM, compiler, classlib and everything else needed for J2SE
> > in
> > > the same place. So we are more flexible for experiments then any other
> > open
> > > Java platform I know.
> >
> > Agree. As long as we have API documentation available for helper
> > developers, this is a good solution.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > xiaofeng
> >
> > > --