harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Using JNI methods in VM's components. Part 2.
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:59:34 GMT
On 10/27/06, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/27/06, Evgueni Brevnov <evgueni.brevnov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Why just not use JNI to start required threads?
> >

> > I think because JNIEnv is VM private data.
> Certanly not. Any java thread has JNIEnv. It can be easily obtained by
> GetEnv method.

And this is the problem: we need a Java thread to be initialized and run for
a component..

+ Some of the tasks I have do not need new Java threads. Example:
fast-helpers classes need only class initializer to be executed at the early
stage (after all necessarily bootstrap code is loaded but user's code have
not been executed yet).

--
Mikhail Fursov