harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] TLS access from GC: a proposal to refactor the code
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:42:37 GMT

> We probably want to delay this optimization in TM until we have
> evidance for it, since what Mikhail wants is just to inline GC tls
> data access easily.

Ok, I understand it and agree. Today I'm going do the measurements/changes
only for gc_cc.
Another part of the question is interface.
Xiao-Feng, could you make GCv5 to access TLS with TM but not VM? In other
words make the third parameter of the method unused, so I can remove it at
all:
extern Managed_Object_Handle (*gc_alloc_fast)(unsigned size,
Allocation_Handle type, void *thread_pointer);

?

--
Mikhail Fursov