harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] TLS access from GC: a proposal to refactor the code
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:19:44 GMT
Xiao-Feng,
Even if you do not need to have constant offsets, it's better to use TM
directly to allocate TLS slots.
In this case we can remove extra code from VM: the computation of the third
parameter in the next method:

extern Managed_Object_Handle (*gc_alloc_fast)(unsigned size,
Allocation_Handle type, void *thread_pointer);

--
Mikhail Fursov